1. All exhibitors and concessionaires agree to be bound by the rules and regulations of the Bedford County Fair. The Fair Management reserves the right to reject or remove any item from the fairgrounds that may cause or be considered a hazard.
2. Entries will be made according to classification. The Fair Management reserves the right to interpret, amend or add to these rules and regulations as its judgment may determine.
3. All exhibits must be the property of exhibitors at the time of entry. Any entry not deemed worthy will not be placed or the judge may give an award such as they deem the exhibit is worthy to receive.
4. Decision of the judges will be final.
5. Every effort will be made to protect all exhibits on display from all injury and damage, but the association is not, in any way, to be held responsible for accidents, loss or damage by water, fire, theft, any financial losses or otherwise whatever the cause or extent of the damage or loss. Any insurance desired on an entry must be carried by the exhibitor.
6. Appropriate ribbons will be awarded in the various classes and cash prizes as stated in the premium book, unless in case of natural disaster or in case of reduced State funding premiums may be prorated according to monies available.
7. No advertising circulars or posters, with the exception of those in paid commercial space, will be allowed on the fairground.
8. No person can act as judge in any class in which he or she may be an exhibitor, an agent of an exhibitor, or in any way interested in the results of the award.
9. No canned or glass bottled beverages may be sold on the fairgrounds. Persons under influence of alcohol or drugs will be expelled from the grounds.
10. No demonstrations, picketing or weapons of any kind will be permitted on the fairground property.
11. No Smoking in any building.
12. Due to State Funding, premium checks may not be available until after the Fair.
1. No premium checks will be re-issued. Checks are only valid for 90 days.
2. Premium checks will be available at Livestock Office/4-H Center (Jr. Exhibitors & Clubs) and Jordan Hall (Sr. Exhibitors), during Fair week on Friday after 8 pm., Saturday, 8 am - 9 pm, and Sunday, - 9 am - 2 pm. (Note: These are NOT exhibit release times.) (Please ask staff if they have a check for you!)
3. Please make every effort to pick up your check BEFORE you leave the fairgrounds. After Sunday, checks will be available at the Fair Office, they will NOT be mailed. (Please ask staff if they have a check for you!) Checks are only valid for 90 days!
4. If you wish to have your premium check mailed, please provide a stamped self-address envelope. Give the envelope to the Livestock office or Jordan Hall personnel.
5. Departments 11-24 Exhibits may be removed from 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm Saturday July 27 and on Sunday, July 28 from 8 am - 2 pm.
After July 28, exhibits may be picked up at the fair office. NOTE: Exhibits not picked up by August 31 will become the property of the Fair and given to charity.5. Livestock is dismissed on Saturday at 2:00 pm. No exceptions!6. Consignor (exhibitor) checks will be mailed as soon as all buyers have paid for their purchases from Jr Livestock Sale.
The Fair Office does not issue the checks for the Livestock Sale! Please contact the sale committee if you have any questions.
13. The use of four wheelers, golf carts, side by sides, bicycles, etc., other than by Fair officials is prohibited; except for special circumstances approved by the management at the main office. Approved vehicles must be registered at Fair Office, pay the registration fee and provide proof of insurance.
14. The videotaping of events during the Fair for commercial resale is prohibited; except for special circumstances approved by the fair management.
15. It is the responsibility of parents or legal guardians to monitor or arrange for the supervision of their children under the age of 18 at all times during the Fair.
16. Due to liability and safety concerns, dogs and other pets are not allowed on the Fairgrounds. This includes camping areas!
This includes camping areas! The exceptions are registered service animals, must be verified by Fair management.
17. The Bedford County Fair and its officers, reserve the right to randomly drug test any livestock exhibited at the Bedford County Fair. Non-approved pharmaceuticals are 100% prohibited!
This includes substances not approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) for slaughter animals that may be destined for human consumption. This includes the use of all products that are not FDA approved including but not limited to any unapproved growth stimulant, beta-agonists, diuretics, or other unapproved medication meant for human usage that are intended for performance enhancing purposes. All utilized pharmaceuticals should be in compliance with Pennsylvania standards, USDA, and/or USDA/Food Safety/safety standards.
If any substance found in the obtained sample is non-approved, then the individual exhibitor will be subject to the following penalties:
(A) Disqualified from exhibiting at the Bedford County Fair for one year.
(B) Any & all money will be forfeited.
(C) All awards (banners, buckles, etc.) must be returned to the Department Committee immediately regardless of situation or will be billed at the Committee's discretion.
(D) Will be responsible to pay any and all fees for the blood test results.