1. All exhibitors and concessionaires agree to be bound by the rules and regulations of the Bedford County Fair. The Fair Management reserves the right to reject or remove any item from the fairgrounds that may cause or be considered a hazard.
2. Entries will be made according to classification. The Fair Management reserves the right to interpret, amend or add to these rules and regulations as its judgment may determine.
3. All exhibits must be the property of exhibitors at the time of entry. Any entry not deemed worthy will not be placed or the judge may give an award such as they deem the exhibit is worthy to receive.
4. Decision of the judges will be final.
5. Every effort will be made to protect all exhibits on display from all injury and damage, but the association is not, in any way, to be held responsible for accidents, loss or damage by water, fire, theft, any financial losses or otherwise whatever the cause or extent of the damage or loss. Any insurance desired on an entry must be carried by the exhibitor.
6. Appropriate ribbons will be awarded in the various classes and cash prizes as stated in the premium book, unless in case of natural disaster or in case of reduced State funding premiums may be prorated according to monies available.
7. No advertising circulars or posters, with the exception of those in paid commercial space, will be allowed on the fairground.
8. No person can act as judge in any class in which he or she may be an exhibitor, an agent of an exhibitor, or in any way interested in the results of the award.
9. No canned or glass bottled beverages may be sold on the fairgrounds. Persons under influence of alcohol or drugs will be expelled from the grounds.
10. No demonstrations, picketing or weapons of any kind will be permitted on the fairground property.
11. No Smoking in any building.
12. Due to State Funding, premium checks may not be available until after the Fair. Please watch newspaper for instructions for picking up your check.
1. No premium check will be re-issued after 6 months from the close of the Fair.
2. Premium checks can be picked up at Jordan Hall and Livestock Office after 8 pm on Friday. NO checks are mailed! If you wish to have your premium check mailed, please provide a stamped self-address envelope. Give this envelope to the Junior Livestock office personnel, or Jordan Hall personnel.
13. Exhibits not picked up by August 31st will be donated to a charity.
14. The use of four wheelers, golf carts, side by sides, bicycles, etc., other than by Fair officials is prohibited; except for special circumstances approved by the management at the main office. Approved vehicles must be registered at Fair Office, pay the registration fee and provide proof of insurance.
15. The videotaping of events during the Fair for commercial resale is prohibited; except for special circumstances approved by the fair management.
16. It is the responsibility of parents or legal guardians to monitor or arrange for the supervision of their children under the age of 18 at all times during the Fair.
17. Due to liability and safety concerns, dogs and other pets are not allowed on the Fairgrounds. This includes camping areas!
The exceptions are guide animals or special circumstances approved by the Fair management.