22nd Annual Bedford County Fair Queen Contest
Entry deadline - June 1, 2023
Sunday - 5:00 p.m. - Bedford Ford Show Arena
Charmain: Beverly Stanton (814-623-0800)
Committee: Ashley Fetters, Josh Fetters, Lois Yoder, Tawnya Wigfield, and Peggy Zembower
The purpose of this contest is to encourage the promotion of agricultural Fairs and to create better relations between youth and adults in both rural and urban settings.
1. Be 16-20 years of age on June 1, 2023.
2. Have her parents/guardians consent.
3. Sign a Code of Conduct agreement.
4. Be available to attend Fair events or contests throughout Fair Week.
5. Be available to compete in the PA State Fair Queen Contest in January 2024 as the Bedford County Fair representative.
6. Be a resident of Bedford County, PA.
7. Not be a former local Fair Queen Winner or former State Fair Queen Contestant.
8. Not hold any other title for another commodity group or pageant.
9. Be of good moral character.
10. Be single, never married, have had no children and must not marry or become pregnant during her reign. The contest consists of:
1. A written essay on the topic "What My Fair Means To My Community", submitted with biographical information/application.
2. A personal interview.
3. Evening gown competition.
4. Question/answer period during contest.
5. Speech presentation "Why You Should Come To My Fair".