Beth Sherwood (814-327-9336), Andy & Nicole Arnold (814-735-2234)
The Fair Beautification Contest is open to any Bedford County 4-H Club or FFA Chapter to enhance the surroundings of the Bedford County Fair with a landscaped booth. Fair Beautification entries are due June 23.RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. Fair Beautification entries may be brought to the Fairgrounds on Thursday, July 20 from 5 pm - 9 pm.
2. Display locations will be assigned by blind draw, after entries are due, with participating clubs to be notified of their display location in writing.
3. Clubs entering the contest must make their display to occupy no more than 6' x 10' area.
4. All plants or flowers must be real or live (no plastic or silk) and designed to enhance the appearance of the fairgrounds. The use of mulch with a border is encouraged. The use of additional design items is encouraged.
5. Clubs will not alter existing area - NO DIGGING!
6. Club members must set up display. Adults should only supervise!
7. DISPLAY SHOULD NOT INCLUDE CLUB'S NAME. CLUB NAME MAY BE ADDED FOLLOWING JUDGING.
8. DISPLAY SHOULD NOT INCLUDE ANY SPONSORS NAME. SPONSORS NAME MAY BE ADDED FOLLOWING JUDGING.
9. Exhibits must be watered by the club throughout the week.
10. When making the club entry for the Fair Beautification Contest, clubs are asked to furnish contact information for more than one person - it will assist in contacting club representatives regarding the club entry.
11. Scoring for the Fair Beautification contest entries will be based on:
a. General Appearance (includes health of flowers, material coordination, how display fits space, materials appropriate for area - 60 points
b. Use of a 4-H/FFA of Fair theme - 20 points
2023 Theme: "Explore Your Path"
c. Difficulty - design and arrangement by 4-H or FFA members -20 points
d. Total Possible Points - 100
13. Exhibits must be removed by the club on Saturday, July 29 from 2 pm to 11 pm or Sunday, July 30, from 9 am to 2 pm.
14. Premiums - Champion $100, Second Place $75, Third Place $50, Participation $25
15. THE FAIR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS.