Committee: Rodney Fisher (814)623-7778 and Kaytee Norris (814)494-2308
Friday, July 28, 2017 at 7:30 pm in the Show Arena
The Supreme Champion Showmanship Contest will consist of the Overall Champion Showman for each of the five species - dairy, beef, sheep, swine, and meat goats.
The judge(s) will score each of the classes. The scores will be based off of a point system. The contestant with the LOWEST score will win, like golf. First place will be worth 1 point, second place will be worth 2 points, third place will be worth 3 points, fourth place will be worth 4 points and fifth place will be worth 5 points. At the conclusion of all five classes, the judge(s) will announce the winner of the Supreme Champion Showmanship Contest based on the contestant with the lowest score.
Animals will be chosen by committee members. Contestants will draw numbers to decide what animals they will be showing. Contestants will not be permitted to show their own animals. If you pick your own animal if the committee chooses it, you must pick another number.
The Supreme Champion Showman will receive a Supreme Champion Banner that is sponsored by Geisel Funeral Homes and a Supreme Champion Showman Customized Jacket that is sponsored by Bedford Farm Bureau Co-Op.
SUPREME SHOWMANSHIP CONTEST RULES:
1. Contestants must be the Overall Champion Showman of a species.
2. Animals that will be shown in the contest will be picked by the Supreme Showmanship Committee. Throughout the week, the committee will look and pick out animals that they feel are most calm and cooperative.
3. Exhibitors will choose animals as luck of the draw by pulling ear tag numbers or names.
*The type of identification used to draw animals will be decided on upon the drawing.
*Exhibitors will draw their animal right before the class begins to ensure fairness for each contestant that way there is no “practice time” upon entering the show ring.
4. Judge(s) will be judging on the individual’s showmanship ability and not on the presentation of the animal.
*The judge(s) will be solely judging contestants on showmanship.
*Judge(s) will take not the fitting of the animal into consideration since you will not know which animal is yours until you are ready to enter the ring.
*Clipping, fitting, etc. will not be held against you.
*The scores will be based off of a point system.
*The contestant with the LOWEST score will win.
*First place will be worth 1 point, second place will be worth 2 points, third place will be worth 3 points, fourth place will be worth 4 points and fifth place will be worth 5 points.
*Tie breaker will be determined by the total number of individual placings starting with 1st, then 2nd and then 3rd and so on if there is still a tie.
6. Animals that are being used in the Supreme Showmanship Contest must be show ready.
*Animals will be clean and presentable
*No animals will be fitted
*We are hoping that the owners of the animals that are selected will be willing to have their animals ready to enter the ring.
7. All showmanship rules and regulations regarding attire, cleanliness and sportsmanship apply.
8. SPORTSMANSHIP is a MUST!!
9. Showmen cannot win the Overall Showmanship Contest more than two times.
10. Where one member wins more than one champion showman award, he or she will show the species that they won the first champion showman award. The 2nd place showman of the other species is then eligible to compete.
Thank you to our award sponsors!
Supreme Champion Showman Banner – Sponsored by Geisel Funeral Homes
Supreme Champion Showman Customized Jacket - Sponsored by Bedford Farm Bureau Co-Op.