Performance Classes - Friday - 9 am
PLEASE RETURN ENTRIES TO THE FAIR OFFICE BY JUNE 9, ONE WEEK EARLIER THAN OTHER ENTRIES.
Judge: Duane Stutzman, Fresno, OH
1. Check animal health rules. (Equines:Sections 8 & 9).
2. Classes are open to 4-H and FFA Horse and Pony members regularly enrolled in 4-H clubs or Junior FFA clubs in Bedford County.
3. 4-H rules and guidelines will be followed in judging the classes with the exception of rules 5 & 10 on page 16 under Production Show in the tabloid.
4. Members may show two (2) animals in Working Hunter Horse/Pony. However ONLY (2) two animals may be shown and they must be 4-H or FFA project animals.
5. Rule 8 of Dept. 10 general rules applies only in the breed classes, not performance classes.
6. If you enter classes 13 or 15 you cannot ride in Dollar Bareback or any equitation or pleasure class. You may, however, ride in the game classes. Members may ride in these classes (13 & 15) only (2) two years.
7. Versatility Class - Only 1 helper allowed, 10 minute tack change in the ring between Hunter Hack and Western classes. In Hunter Hack (2 jumps) rider may choose height of jump with a minimum height of 18". Game class will have a 10 minute tack change outside the ring and then be called at random order. Classes are: Western Pleasure, Hunter Hack and Barrels.
8. Classes 24 through 27 will be cross rail classes with jumps being 18" high at the center. You may choose to trot or canter the jumps, however if you chose to canter you must stay in a canter or if you chose a trot you must stay in a trot.
9. In the Hunter Hack classes you may be asked to hand gallop at judge's discretion.
10. Western high point (horse and pony): Western Pleasure, Working Western Horse or Pony, Trail, Driving. Hunt Seat high point (horse and pony): Hunter Under Saddle, Hunter Hack, Working Hunter over jumps, Trail, Driving. Saddle Seat high point: Saddle Seat Pleasure, Trail, Driving. Mini High Point: Trail, Driving and Jumping.
11. CLASS ORDER: English classes are first in even numbered years (2018, 2020), Western classes are first in odd numbered years (2017, 2019). Running order of classes is available in the current year Roundup booklet. All Performance Classes will receive a trophy for first place.
12. Please fill out your Fair entry form according to class number and name in the Fair Premium Tabloid or on website.
CLASS: $10 $8 $6 $4 $3 $1 $1
1 Dollar Bareback ribbons only
2 Miniature Horse & Pony Driving (14.2 hands & under)
Miniature Horse Driving, Junior
4 Pleasure & Draft Horse Driving ( over 14.2 hands)
5 Western Horsemanship, Senior trophy & ribbons
6 Western Horsemanship, Junior trophy & ribbons
7 Western Pleasure Horse, Senior
8 Western Pleasure Horse, Junior
9 Western Pleasure Pony (over 13 hands not over 14.2)
10 Western Pleasure Pony (13 hands & under)
11 Working Western Horse (Check PA Rule Book for rules)
12 Working Western Pony (Check PA Rule Book for rules)
13 Simon Says ribbons only
14 Walk/Trot Pleasure (see Rule 6)
15 Pleasure Pairs
16 Walk/Trot Equitation (see Rule 6) trophy & ribbons
CLASS: $15 $11 $9 $6 $4 $3 $2 $1 $1
17 Versatility (Hunter Hack - 2 jumps, Western Pleasure & Game)
CLASS: $10 $8 $6 $4 $3 $2 $1 $1
18 Saddle Seat Pleasure
19 Saddle Seat Equitation trophy & ribbons
20 Hunter Under Saddle Horses, Senior
21 Hunter Under Saddle Horses, Junior
22 Hunter Under Saddle Ponies (14.2 & under)
23 Hunter Seat Equitation on the flat, Senior trophy & ribbons
24 Hunter Seat Equitation on the flat, Junior trophy & ribbons
25 Hunter Hack Horses
26 Hunt Hack Ponies
27 Working Hunter Horses over jumps
28 Working Hunter Ponies over jumps (14.2 hands & under)
29 Egg-N-Spoon ribbons only
Performance Classes - Saturday - 9 am
RULES: (check Animal Health Rules - Equines: Sections 8 & 9)
1. Same rules apply as stated in rules listed on Friday.
2. Members may show two (2) animals in classes 30 through 50. Classes 42 through 50 will be performed if time permits. There will be no payback or ribbons in these classes.
3. Game high point: Horse, Large Pony & Small Pony - Barrel Racing, Pole Bending, 50-Yard Dash, Thread the Needle
CLASS: $10 $8 $6 $4 $3 $2 $1 $1
30 Barrel Racing Horses
31 Barrel Racing Ponies (over 13 hands not over 14.2)
32 Barrel Racing Ponies (13 hands & under)
33 Pole Bending Horses
34 Pole Bending Ponies (over 13 hands not over 14.2)
35 Pole Bending Ponies (13 hands & under)
36 50 -Yard Dash Horses
37 50 - Yard Dash Ponies (over 13 hands not over 14.2)
38 50 - Yard Dash Ponies (13 hands & under)
39 Thread the Needle Horses
40 Thread the Needle Ponies (over 13 hands not over 14.2)
41 Thread the Needle Ponies (13 hands & under)
NO PAYBACKS OR RIBBONS IN THE FOLLOWING CLASSES
42 Keyhole Horses
43 Keyhole Ponies (over 13 hands not over 14.2)
44 Keyhole Ponies (13 hands & under)
45 Straight Barrel Horses
46 Straight Barrel Ponies (over 13 hands not over 14.2)
47 Straight Barrel Ponies (13 hands & under)
48 Cutback Horses
49 Cutback Ponies (over 13 hands not over 14.2)
50 Cutback Ponies (13 hands & under)