Performance Classes - Friday - 9 am
PLEASE RETURN ENTRIES TO THE FAIR OFFICE BY JUNE 8, ONE WEEK EARLIER THAN OTHER ENTRIES.
Judge: Ralph Thomas, Saxton, PA
1. Check animal health rules. (Equines:Sections 8 & 9).
2. Classes are open to 4-H and FFA Horse and Pony members regularly enrolled in 4-H clubs or Junior FFA clubs in Bedford County.
3. 4-H rules and guidelines will be followed in judging the classes with the exception of rules 5 & 10 on page 16 under Production Show in the tabloid.
4. Members may show two (2) animals in Working Hunter Horse/Pony. However ONLY (2) two animals may be shown and they must be 4-H or FFA project animals.
5. Rule 8 of Dept. 10 general rules applies only in the breed classes, not performance classes.
6. If you enter classes 14 or 16 you cannot ride in Dollar Bareback or any equitation or pleasure class. You may, however, ride in the game classes. Members may ride in these classes (14 & 16) only (2) two years.
7. Versatility Class - Only 1 helper allowed, 10 minute tack change in the ring between Hunter Hack and Western classes. In Hunter Hack (2 jumps) rider may choose height of jump with a minimum height of 18". Game class will have a 10 minute tack change outside the ring and then be called at random order. Classes are: Western Pleasure, Hunter Hack and Barrels.
8. Classes 25 through 28 will be cross rail classes with jumps being 18" high at the center. You may choose to trot or canter the jumps, however if you chose to canter you must stay in a canter or if you chose a trot you must stay in a trot.
9. In the Hunter Hack classes you may be asked to hand gallop at judge's discretion.
10. Western high point (horse and pony): Western Pleasure, Working Western Horse or Pony, Trail, Driving. , Ranch Horse Pleasure, Hunt Seat high point (horse and pony): Hunter Under Saddle, Hunter Hack, Working Hunter over jumps, Trail, Driving. Saddle Seat high point: Saddle Seat Pleasure, Trail, Driving. Mini High Point: Trail, Driving and Jumping.
11. Members must choose between class 7 or 8. You can only enter one of these.
12. Ranch Horse Pleasure
class has been added to the 2018 show schedule. The following rules apply. Points in this class will apply to the rider's age according to the age divisions listed in this rule book.
1. The purpose of Ranch Horse Pleasure horse should reflect the versatility, attitude, and movement of a working horse.
2. The horse’s performance should simulate a horse riding outside the confines of an arena and that of a working ranch horse. This class should show the horse’s ability to work at a forward, working speed while under control by the rider. Light contact should be rewarded and horse does not have to be shown on a full drape of reins. The overall manners and responsiveness of the horse while performing the maneuver requirements, and the horse’s quality of movement are the primary considerations.
a. No horses less than 3 years of age.
b. Horses will work collectively in the arena on the rial only.
c. The required maneuvers will include the walk, jog, and lope both directions: and the extended jog and lope at least one direction; at judge's discretion as well as stop, reverse, and back.
d. The overall cadence and performance of the gaits should be that of a western horse, with an emphasis on forward movement, free-flowing, and ground covering for all gaits. Transitions should be performed where designated, with smoothness and responsiveness.
4. Apparel and Equipment:
a. No hoof polish.
b. No braided or banded manes or tail extensions.
c. Trimming inside ears is discouraged.
d. Trimming bridle path is allowed, also trimming of fetlocks or excessive (long) facial hair.
e. Equipment with silver should not count over a good working outfit. Silver on bridles and saddles is discouraged.
f. Protective boots, leg wraps and bandages are allowed.
g. No nose bands or tie downs
h. Western attire is required.
13. CLASS ORDER: English classes are first in even numbered years (2018, 2020), Western classes are first in odd numbered years (2019, 2021). Running order of classes is available in the current year Roundup booklet.
14. Please fill out your Fair entry form according to class number and name in the Fair Premium Tabloid or on website.
CLASS: $10 $8 $6 $4 $3 $1 $1
1 Dollar Bareback ribbons only
2 Miniature Horse & Pony Driving (14.2 hands & under)
Miniature Horse Driving, Junior
4 Pleasure & Draft Horse Driving ( over 14.2 hands)
5 Western Horsemanship, Senior trophy & ribbons
6 Western Horsemanship, Junior trophy & ribbons
7 Western Pleasure Horse, Senior & Junior
8 Ranch Horse Pleasure
9 Western Pleasure Pony (over 13.2 hands not over 14.2)
10 Western Pleasure Pony (13.2 hands & under)
11 Working Western Horse (Check PA Rule Book for rules)
12 Working Western Pony (over 13.2 hands) (Check PA Rule Book for rules)
13 Simon Says ribbons only
14 Walk/Trot Pleasure (see Rule 6)
15 Pleasure Pairs
16 Walk/Trot Equitation (see Rule 6) trophy & ribbons
CLASS: $15 $11 $9 $6 $4 $3 $2 $1 $1
17 Versatility (Hunter Hack - 2 jumps, Western Pleasure & Game)
CLASS: $10 $8 $6 $4 $3 $2 $1 $1
18 Saddle Seat Pleasure
19 Saddle Seat Equitation trophy & ribbons
20 Hunter Under Saddle Horses, Senior
21 Hunter Under Saddle Horses, Junior
22 Hunter Under Saddle Ponies (14.2 & under)
23 Hunter Seat Equitation on the flat, Senior trophy & ribbons
24 Hunter Seat Equitation on the flat, Junior trophy & ribbons
25 Hunter Hack Horses
26 Hunt Hack Ponies
27 Working Hunter Horses over jumps
28 Working Hunter Ponies over jumps (14.2 hands & under)
29 Egg-N-Spoon ribbons only
Performance Classes - Saturday - 9 am
RULES: (check Animal Health Rules - Equines: Sections 8 & 9)
1. Same rules apply as stated in rules listed on Friday.
2. Members may show two (2) animals in classes 30 through 50. Classes 42 through 50 will be performed if time permits. There will be no payback or ribbons in these classes.
3. Game high point: Horse, Large Pony & Small Pony - Barrel Racing, Pole Bending, 50-Yard Dash, Thread the Needle
CLASS: $10 $8 $6 $4 $3 $2 $1 $1
30 Barrel Racing Horses
31 Barrel Racing Ponies (over 13 hands not over 14.2)
32 Barrel Racing Ponies (13 hands & under)
33 Pole Bending Horses
34 Pole Bending Ponies (over 13 hands not over 14.2)
35 Pole Bending Ponies (13 hands & under)
36 50 -Yard Dash Horses
37 50 - Yard Dash Ponies (over 13 hands not over 14.2)
38 50 - Yard Dash Ponies (13 hands & under)
39 Cutback Horses
40 Cutback Ponies (over 13 hands not over 14.2)
41 Cutback Ponies (13 hands & under)
NO PAYBACKS OR RIBBONS IN THE FOLLOWING CLASSES
42 Keyhole Horses
43 Keyhole Ponies (over 13 hands not over 14.2)
44 Keyhole Ponies (13 hands & under)
45 Straight Barrel Horses
46 Straight Barrel Ponies (over 13 hands not over 14.2)
47 Straight Barrel Ponies (13 hands & under)
48 Thread the Needle Horses
49 Thread the Needle Ponies (over 13 hands not over 14.2)
50 Thread the Needle Ponies (13 hands & under)