Eric Weaverling (276-3112), Kay Kring (766-2221)Committee:
David Miller, Joann Smith, Carl Egolf, Bill Smith, Joe Cogan and Beth Kendall
1. An exhibitor may tag a maximum of 2 steers. All entries must have been on feed by January 1st and steers must have been tagged by January 1, 2017. (Project record books must accompany all entries and will be checked by the committee.) Books must be neat, accurate and up to date with proper signatures of advisors, parents and 4-H leaders. Starting weight is required only for Bedford Co. Rural Electric weight gain contest steers.2. All entries must be from beef type breeding and either naturally polled and no horns or scurs. All horns must be removed.
3. Animals may be tied out at night from 10:00 p.m. till 10:00 a.m.
4. A minimum wt. of 900 lbs required for all steers to show and to be sold. There will be 9 Junior Market Steer classes divided by weight to as nearly as possible, to have equal numbers of steers shown in each class.
5. Junior Market Steers must be in stalls by 12 noon Sunday and can be weighed Sunday from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. for classes and sale. Exhibitors must present health papers identifying animals and up-to-date record books. Steers must have tags in ear to be weighted and exhibited.
6. All Market Steers shown are the exhibitor's responsibility until loaded on trucks for buyers.
7. Grand Champion and Reserve Champion steers are not eligible for Classes 10 & 11. All others may be shown in either 10 or 11, but not both.
8. All exhibited market steers are eligible to be sold at the Junior Livestock auction Saturday. Grand Champion and Reserve Champion steers must be sold. Steers that are to be exhibited at later shows (ex. Farm Show) can be withdrawn from the sale catalog by notifying the chairman of the steer show immediately following the close of the steer show Wednesday.
9. No substitutions of steers may be made after January 1.
10. Steers can only be entered in one class: Pure Bred or Home Bred
11. Any animal deemed unsafe may be asked to leave the show and/or fair. Owner is responsible to remove animal. CLASS: $22 $21 $17 $15 $14 $10 $10 $5 $5 $5
LIGHT WEIGHT 1
Market Steer - Group 1 2
Market Steer - Group 23
Market Steer - Group 3 Champion Light Weight & Reserve Champion Light Weight MIDDLE WEIGHT 4
Market Steer - Group 45
Market Steer - Group 56
Market Steer - Group 6Champion Middle Weight & Reserve Champion Middle WeightHEAVY WEIGHT 7
Market Steer - Group 7 8
Market Steer - Group 8 9
Market Steer - Group 9Champion Heavy Weight & Reserve Champion Heavy Weight
Grand Champion Steer & Reserve Champion Steer ... rosettes and banners SPECIAL CLASSES :10
Pure Bred Steers - Class will consist of the highest placing purebred steer from each of the 9 weight classes. Registration paper and tattoos needed. Champion Pure Bred... rosette and banner
Reserve Champion Pure Bred... rosette and banner 11
County purchased/bred award. Class will consist of the highest placed County purchased steer from each of the 9 weight classes. County purchased steer seller must own the Dam. Champion County Bred or Purchased... rosette and banner
Reserve Champion County Bred or Purchased... rosette