Department 22 - Section 3C - Sheep Leadline Sunday - 2:00 pm
Co-sponsored by the BEDFORD COUNTY SHEEP & WOOL PRODUCERS ASSOC. COMMITTEE:
Ada Myers (356-3172), Hedy Shaffer (814-733-4105), Sharon Weaver (814-285-1681), Vickie Styer (814-977-3172), Susie Mickle (814-585-3304), Cindy Cox (814-839-2502)OBJECTIVE:
To provide an opportunity for the public to observe contestants wearing wool fashions while leading a sheep as a means of emphasizing this particular aspect of the sheep industry.SPECIAL RULES:
1. Sheep must be a yearling ewe, ewe lamb or wether. No rams are permitted.
2. Sheep must be fitted appropriately for the breed, and be well trained to show at the halter.
3. Contestant will be judged on poise, appearance and control of the sheep.
4. Contestant must be attired in a woolen outfit, with the exception of the novelty classes, which should be appropriate and attractive. The percentage of wool in each piece of clothing must be listed in a description of the fabric content. Judges will take fabric content into consideration when making decisions.
5. Sheep are to be judged on general appearance - fitting, cleanliness, etc.
6. Accessories should not interfere with the mobility of the lamb.
7. Entries are limited to Bedford County residents or any junior sheep exhibitor.
8. Entries are to be made on the Livestock Entry Form.
This entry is due in the Fair office the same day as livestock entries are due. A more detailed form to describe your outfit or novelty entry will then be mailed to each contestant. This form must then be returned to:
2269 EGOLF ROAD
BEDFORD, PA 15522
no later than July 10. Any questions please call 977-3172. If the completed leadline information is NOT RECEIVED by Vickie by that time, the entry will not be accepted. All information on this form will be considered FINAL as of July 10.
9. Each contestant is limited to two (2) classes.
10. Each class will be placed and ribbons awarded. A trophy will be given to each first (1st) place winner.
11. All animals must have health papers.
Sheep Leadline CLASS... $5 awarded to each contestant
1 STANDARD LEADLINE CLASSES
Contestants will be divided into the following age groups. Ages as of January 1.
1A AGES 5 and under
1B AGES 6-8
1C AGES 9-12
1D AGES 13-15
1E AGES 16-21
2 HANDMADE BY THE CONTESTANT
Outfits must be constructed by the CONTESTANT and will be judged on construction, fitting, and appropriateness.
AGES 8-11 2B
AGES 12-15 2C
3 NOVELTY CLASSES - $5 awarded to each contestant
Exhibitor may participate in ONLY ONE novelty class. Contestants may dress themselves and their sheep in any type of costume. (Rule No. 4 above will be suspended for this class). The purpose is to be creative and perhaps humorous. Ages as of January 1.
INDIVIDUAL NOVELTY 3A1
AGES 5 and under 3A2
AGES 6-8 3A3
AGES 9-12 3A4
AGES 13-15 3A5
3B. GROUP NOVELTY
One class, no age groups, 2 or more contestants.
Our SponsorsThank you to our Award sponsors!Janet Raines, Bill & Ada Myers, Lowers Pharmacy, Long's Outpost
, Cottle's Asphalt Maintenance
, Paul & Hedy Shaffer
, Dick & Joyce Barkley
, Scott & Leslie Myers & Boys
, Modern Woodman-Justin Claar, Dean & Darlene McCloskey,
and Daugherty's Embroidery & Screen Printing-Craig Zembower