2018 PA PREFERRED Junior Baking Contest - Cookie, Brownies and BarsRULES
1. Participant must be an individual amateur baker (age 8 through and including 18 years ONLY) who is a Pennsylvania resident. One entry per person.
2. Entrants may NOT have won 1st place in this PA Preferred Junior Baking Contest at any other fair in 2018.3. Entry must be a plate of six (6) individual sized portions of the baked entry item.
4. Entries must be made from scratch. Pre-made mixes are NOT
5. At least two (2) PA Preferred ingredients must be used in the recipe. some examples of qualifying ingredients are PA Preferred grains such as flour or oats, butter, milk, eggs, fruits and/or vegetables.
6. Entry must be submitted for judging on a food safe disposable setting. (All pans, plates and dishes are considered to be disposable and will not
7. Recipes(s) must be submitted with the entry, printed on one-side of 8 1/2" X 11" paper. Recipe must list all ingredients, quantities, and the preparation instructions. The "PA Preferred" ingredients must be listed clearly in the ingredient list, specifying the ingredients and the company that made/grew them.(ex: PA Preferred Milk - Galliker's brand; PA Preferred Berries - Strite's Orchard). Entrant's name, age, address and phone number must be printed on the back side of all the pages.
(All recipes and cookies/brownies/bars will become the property of the Fair or PA Farm Show and will not
8. A PA Preferred logo is NOT
required because not all PA Preferred products carry the label. The name of the ingredient and the source is sufficient. For a list of acceptable products visit www.papreferred.com
. Additionally, PA Preferred staff will assist in locating PA Preferred ingredients, as needed.
9. Refrigeration is not
available at the fair or PA Farm Show. Entries that require refrigeration after baking must indicate so in the recipe. Those entries will not be sold, auctioned or otherwise distributed for consumption after judging for food safety reasons.
10. Judging criteria:
Flavor: 30 points (aroma, taste, good balance of flavorings)
Texture: 25 points (appropriate for the type of cookie, brownie or bar)
Inside Characteristics: 20 points (even grain, evenly baked; free from air pockets)
Outside Characteristics: 15 points (uniform size, shape, appearance; overall appeal)
Creativity: 10 points
TOTAL: 100 points Fair Premiums: 1st $20.00, 2nd $15.00, 3rd $10.00 First Place Winner is eligible for the 2019 PA Farm Show competition.
Premiums for the 2019 PA FARM SHOW Competition: 1st - $500, 2nd - $250, 3rd - $100, 4th - Rosette, 5th - Rosette
SPONSOR: PA Preferred TM CLASS... $3 $2.50 $1.50
7 HOMEMADE CANDIES (1/2 lb. must be shown)
A. Chocolate Fudge
B. Divinity Fudge
C. Chocolate Creams
D. Caramel Fudge
G. Candied Fruit Peel
H. Peanut Butter Fudge