The purpose of this contest is to encourage the promotion of agricultural Fairs and to create better relations between youth and adults in both rural and urban settings.
21st Annual Bedford County Fair Queen Contest
Entry deadline - June 1, 2022
Sunday - 5:00 p.m. - Bedford Ford Show Arena
Superintendant: Beverly Stanton (623-0800)
Committee: Ashley Fetters, Erin Jay, Lois Yoder, Tawnya Wigfield, Peggy Zembower and Josh Fetters
1. Be 16-20 years of age on June 1, 2022.
2. Have her parents/guardians consent.
3. Sign a Code of Conduct agreement.
4. Be available to attend some Fair events or contests throughout Fair Week.
5. Be available to compete in the PA State Fair Queen Contest at Hershey Lodge in January 2023 as the Bedford County Fair representative.
6. Be a resident of Bedford County, PA.
7. Not be a former local Fair Queen winner or former State Fair Queen Contestant.
8. Not hold any other title for another commodity group or pageant.
9. Be of good moral character.
10. Be single, never married, have had no children and must not marry or become pregnant during her reign. The contest consists of:
1. A written essay on the topic "What My Fair Means To My Community", submitted with biographical information/application.
2. A personal interview.
3. Evening gown competition.
4. Question/answer period during contest.
5. Speech presentation "Why You Should Come To My Fair". (3-5 minutes)First Prize: $500 Scholarship
Second Prize: $100 Scholarship
Thank You to Our SponsorsGiant EaglePeggy ZembowerDwayne Hay
Crowns and sashes sponsored by Beverly Stanton, Beverly's Touch of Class