The purpose of this contest is to encourage the promotion of agricultural Fairs and to create better relations between youth and adults in both rural and urban settings.
20th Annual Bedford County Fair Queen Contest
Entry deadline - May 15, 2019
Sunday - 5:00 p.m. - Bedford Ford Show Arena
CO-CHAIRS: Jim Edwards (623-1592), Beverly Stanton (652-6252)
Committee: Carrie Zinn and Kathy Wakefield
1. Be 16-20 years of age on June 1, 2019.
2. Have her parents/guardians consent.
3. Sign a Code of Conduct agreement.
4. Be available to attend some Fair events or contests throughout Fair Week.
5. Be available to compete in the PA State Fair Queen Contest in January 2020 as the Bedford County Fair representative.
6. Be a resident of Bedford County, PA.
7. Not be a former local Fair Queen winner or former State Fair Queen Contestant.
8. Not hold any other title for another commodity group or pageant.
9. Be of good moral character.
10. Be single, never married, have had no children and must not marry or become pregnant during her reign. The contest consists of:
1. A written essay on the topic "What My Fair Means To My Community", submitted with biographical information/application.
2. A personal interview.
3. Evening gown competition.
4. Question/answer period during contest.
5. Speech presentation "Why You Should Come To My Fair". First Prize: $500 Scholarship
Second Prize: $100 Scholarship
Our SponsorsThank you to our sponsors!
Speech ($50) sponsored by Dr. Beth Clark,
Interview ($50) sponsored by Carrie Zinn,
Essay ($50) sponsored by Jim & Sue Edwards,
Crowns sponsored by Beverly Stanton