2021 PA PREFERRED Junior Baking Contest - Cookie, Brownies and Bars Rules
1. Participant must be an individual amateur baker (age 8 through and including 18 years ONLY) who is a Pennsylvania resident. One entry per person.
2. Entrants may NOT have won 1st place in this PA Preferred Junior Baking Contest at any other fair in 2021.3. Entry must be a plate of six (6) individual sized portions of the baked entry item.
4. Entries must be made from scratch. Pre-made mixes are NOT
acceptable ingredients. All ingredients and decorations must be edible.
5. At least two (2) PA Preferred ingredients must be used in the recipe. Some examples of qualifying ingredients are PA Preferred grains (such as oats or flour), butter, milk, eggs, fruits and/or vegetables.
6. A PA Preferred logo is not required because not all PA Preferred products carry the label. The name of the ingredient and the source is sufficient. For a list of acceptable products visit www.papreferred.com
. Additionally, PA Preferred staff will assist in locating PA Preferred ingredients, as needed.
7. Entry must be submitted for judging on a food safe disposable setting
. (All pans, plates and dishes are considered to be disposable and will not
8. Recipes(s) must be submitted with the entry, printed on one-side of 8 1/2" X 11" paper. Recipe must list all ingredients, quantities, and the preparation instructions. The name of each "PA Preferred" ingredient must be clearly listed along with the source that made/grew it.
(ex: PA Preferred Milk - Galliker's brand). Entrant's name, age, address and phone number must be printed on the back side of all the pages.
(All recipes and cookies/brownies/bars will become the property of the Fair or PA Farm Show and will not
9. Refrigeration is NOT
available at the fair or PA Farm Show. Entries that require refrigeration after baking must indicate so in the recipe. Those entries will not be sold, auctioned or otherwise distributed for consumption after judging for food safety reasons.
10. Judging criteria:Flavor:
30 points (aroma, taste, good balance of flavorings)Texture:
25 points (appropriate for the type of cookie, brownie or bar) Inside Characteristics:
20 points (even grain, evenly baked; free from air pockets)Outside Characteristics:
15 points (uniform size, shape, appearance; overall appeal)Creativity:
10 points TOTAL: 100 points Fair Premiums: 1st $20.00, 2nd $15.00, 3rd $10.00 First Place Winner is eligible for the 2022 PA Farm Show competition.
Premiums for the 2022 PA FARM SHOW Competition: 1st - $500, 2nd - $250, 3rd - $100, 4th - Rosette, 5th - Rosette
SPONSOR: PA Preferred TM