Co - Superintendent:
Tammy Reyan (735-2908)Committee:
Sara Keller and Corey Barton
THERE IS A SPECIAL ENTRY FORM FOR THE CAVY SHOW.
You can pick up an entry form at the fair office, download from the fair website (www.bedford-fair.com), or by calling Tammy Reyan at 735-2908. You must also complete the livestock entry in the Fair Premium Book. CAVY SHOW - Wednesday - 9 a.m.RULES:
1. Open to all 4-H and FFA members.
2. Limit to 4 cavies per Exhibitors (2 per pen) Cavy show will follow the rabbit show.
3. All Cavies must be on the fairgrounds by the Saturday 6:00 PM. Check-ins will be from 9 am to 6 pm on Saturday. All animals entered must be of good health and will be inspected upon arrival. The Superintendent or a Committee Member must check in all animals before placing them into a cage. Any animal showing signs of a contagious disease must be removed from the Fair grounds and will be barred from the show.
4. Cavies must be listed as a 4-H or FFA project before May 1.
5. All animals must have a legible ear tag in the left ear. If no tag is present a number will be assigned and placed in the ear with a permanent marker.
6. All cages must be cleaned at least every other day by 10:30 AM. All pens must be cleaned out at the end of the Fair week. Manure and bedding must be bagged and placed by horse barns. Aisles are to be clean and clear at all times.
7. Cavies will be judged according to the latest Standard of Perfection as per the American Rabbit Cavy Breeders Association.
8. Exhibitors are responsible to have their animals to the judging table for the proper class.
9. No animals are allowed to leave the Fair grounds prior to Saturday 2:00 PM.
10. Rabbit rules will apply to cavies. Cavy exhibitors must abide by all general rules for housing that the rabbit exhibitors observe.
11. You must bring your own feed dishes and water bottles.
12. There is a separate entry form for the cavies. You can pick one up at the fair office, get it off the website or by calling Tammy Reyan at 735-2908. You must also complete the livestock entry form in the Fair Premium Book.
13. No cedar chips in cavy pens due to respiratory problems.