Scott Myers (814-285-1693)Committee:
Warren Korns, Rodney Fisher, & Mike Jones RULES:
1. Lamb must have been tagged on the first Saturday in May at the Fairgrounds with an approved tag.
2. The judge will select 12 lambs from the entries in the carcass show to be slaughtered and judged "on the rail". They may be either ewes or wethers born after Jan. 1, 2022 and weighing over 85 lbs. Only one entry per exhibitor.
3. Ownership and feeding period of the animals is the same as in the market classes.
4. The Champion, Reserve Champion and 3rd Place Overall of "on the rail" will be included and sold in the Junior Livestock Sale on Saturday. All others carcass show entries must be sold privately by the exhibitors.
5. A slaughter fee of $55 for lambs must be paid by the buyers.
6. Carcass lambs will be weighed on Tuesday from 7:30 - 8:00 a.m. After the 12 carcass lambs have been selected on Tuesday morning, they will be taken to Locker Plant LLC for slaughter and judging "on the rail" Thursday. 7. Carcass lambs may not be used in Lamb Showmanship. Lambs must be placed on the trailer at the conclusion of the Carcass Show for slaughter purposes. No exceptions.
8. All owners of carcass animals not in sale should report cutting information to Locker Plant, LLC promptly in person or by phone (814-652-2714). RAIL CARCASS CLASS PRIZES...$24 $23 $22 $20 $18 $16 $14 $12 $10 $8 $6 $6
Champion, Reserve Champion, 3rd Place Carcasses - Banners