1. The judge will select 12 hogs from the entries in the carcass show to be slaughtered and judged "on the rail". They may be either gilts or barrows weighing between 240 and 300 lbs. and have a minimum of 5/10 of backfat or the carcass will be disqualified. Hogs must have been tagged on the first Saturday in May at the fairgrounds with an approved tag. Only one entry per exhibitor.
2. Housing for these hogs will not be provided. Hogs to arrive Wednesday morning, weighed from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. for the carcass class at 8:30 a.m., then trucked to Locker Plant, LLC. for slaughter and "on the rail" judging on Thursday.
3. The Champion, Reserve Champion and 3rd Place Overall of "on the rail" will be included and sold in the Junior Livestock Sale on Saturday. All other carcass show entries must be sold privately by the exhibitors.
4. A slaughter fee of $30 for hogs must be paid by the buyers.
5. Prizes for carcass hogs are the same as for lambs above.
6. Carcass hog classes, in order of light to heavy weights, will enter the ring and be sorted by the judge. The judge will select the top twelve (12) to be sent to the Locker Plant, LLC. for on rail judging.
7. All owners of carcass animals not in sale should report cutting information to Locker Plant, LLC. promptly in person or by phone (814-652-2714). RAIL CARCASS CLASS PRIZES...$24 $23 $22 $20 $18 $16 $14 $12 $10 $8 $6 $6
Thank you to the following Award Sponsors!
Champion Carcass Hog Banner for Buyer & Exhibitor sponsored by Taylor Auto Electric
and Mike Jones Family
Reserve Champion Hog Banner for Buyer & Exhibitor sponsored by D&J Hogs (Don Boes & Johnny Taylor)
and Raines Show Pigs
3rd Place Carcass Hog Banner for Buyer & Exhibitor sponsored by John & Becky Sloas
and Bedford County FFA